Saturday 22 November 2014

WHAT PLEASES GOD’D HEART MOST ?


                         When I want to please my little daughter, I offer her ,her favorite dish. I may not like that dish, but to please her I offer her favourite. So, if you want to please someone, you got to know what pleases that someone’s heart and do accordingly. When it comes to pleasing God, the same rule applies.Many times we buy for others what we like most! That is not correct.You cannot offer just what pleases you,if you want to please God.Offer God what pleases Him! Ok,now ,what pleases God most?
                               Is it, sacrifice, baptism, tithes and offerings, visions and prophesies, signs and wonders, miracles, tongues, worshiping continuously for long hours, spending your talents for Him? If you go through the Holy Bible, you will come across lot of verses indicating His heart’s desire,be it the Old testament or the New testament. Many verses declare that’ obedience’ to His commands, is the most important thing  in pleasing God. This is emphasized every where in the Bible. So being a Christian, the fore-most priority should be to try to obey God’s commands honestly. Practical difficulties may  come while following this priority. But with God’s grace you can overcome them. If I could do it,any one can do it ! I will be sharing my experience in this regard in another article.
                  Next to obedience, Lord always reveals His love and compassion for the poor and needy, widows and aliens. God is keen on justice to the poor, widows and aliens .He is against exploiting this group .He hates partiality shown to the poor .He wants you to be generous in giving to /helping the poor. The Lord commands in Deut 15:11‘There will always be poor people in the land.Therefore I command you to be open-handed towards your brothers and towards the poor and needy in your land.’ Exo 23.11 advises you to offer the 7th year yield of your lands to the poor. In Lev 19:10,19:15.23:22 and  in so many other verses Lord instructs  what should be done with respect to this category of people .       I am not quoting all the Old Testament verses relating to this topic,for want of space.

                            Similarly,in New Testament ,Jesus Christ emphasizes on helping the poor and needy in various verses. Matt 25:35,says  “For I was hungry and you gave me something to drink, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me”. When a rich man wanted to follow Jesus,Jesus said ,”If you want to be perfect,go,sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” (Matt 19:21).When we give banquets for marriages etc,we normally invite people who will invite us back for their banquets.What does Jesus say about inviting guests for the banquets you offer? In Luke 14:13,Jesus says “ But when you give a banquet,invite the poor,the crippled,the lame,the blind and you will be blessed”. That shows God’s heart for the poor!

No comments:

Post a Comment